Know what errors lurk in your code? Rollbar detects and alerts you when code breaks in production. Get the stack trace, code, and data to help you d̶e̶b̶u̶g̶ defeat Ruby errors. Learn more.

RubyFlow The Ruby and Rails community linklog

×

The Ruby and Rails community linklog

Made a library? Written a blog post? Found a useful tutorial? Share it with the Ruby community here or just enjoy what everyone else has found!

Solution to Ruby 1.9.3 segfaulting when using TextMate Ruby Bundle

After upgrading to Ruby 1.9.3-p0 I found that any exception in Ruby resulted in Ruby segfaulting on the TextMate Ruby bundle output screen. I found this gist where people were discussing the error and have some tips inside this RubyFlow post for you to fix the error yourself. [more inside]

Comments

Edit the catch_exception.rb file in your Ruby bundle in TextMate. To get into it on my machine I had to do:

mate /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RubyMate/catch_exception.rb

Then, comment out the require "cgi" line. And then remove all references to CGI::escapeHTML.

Save and, et voila, if you’re lucky, things are resolved. There’s no HTML escaping, of course, but your method names should, hopefully, not containing anything that needs escaping ;-)

Just to help anyone trying to find this post, the errors coming out were:

/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/ Ruby.tmbundle/Support/RubyMate/catch_exception.rb:15: [BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.9.3p0 (2011-10-30 revision 33570) [x86_64-darwin10.8.0]

Your error message will tell you where the catch_exception.rb file is, in case it’s in a different place to mine.

Here is just link for gist with error triggered by TextMate…

Post a comment

You can use basic HTML markup (e.g. <a>) or Markdown.

As you are not logged in, you will be
directed via GitHub to signup or sign in